However, it takes some practice to get good at eating a balanced plant-based diet. Here are some tips to start feeling, looking and living well right away -
- Do stray from recipes. There is no need to follow recipes all the time. When you eat mostly plants, you need to first learn how you like your plants cooked - or uncooked if you like them raw. Once you figure out how you like your fruits and veggies prepared - be it fresh salad greens, kale, roasted sweet potatoes, sautéed onions or boiled edamame - and you learn how to whip up a simple yet delicious dressing, putting together a plant-based meal becomes very simple.
- When grocery shopping, spend most of your time in the produce aisle. Fresh produce has a shorter shelf life than canned and frozen foods. An effective plant-eater typically makes short but frequent stops to pick up fresh greens, a bag of lemons or a handful of avocados.
- Never stray too far from a blender. A green smoothie or a green juice is a highly effective way of getting all the nutrition from plant-based foods, and they’re easy to make.
- Create meals by colors. Plant-based eaters decorate their plates by color, making it simpler to create a balanced meal. They instinctively know when their mostly green plate needs something orange or their very yellow plate needs some purple.
- Eat out of one big bowl for all three meals. For instance, breakfast might contain protein (Quinoa), moisture (fresh almond milk), texture (chopped walnuts), fresh produce (blueberries and bananas) and fun flavors (cinnamon and agave).
- Get greens at every meal. An effective plant-eater feels something is missing when there are no greens in their food. Whether it’s a smoothie or a side of steamed vegetables, make sure there’s always leafy greens involved.
- Plan ahead, whether ensuring your pantry is fully stocked on a regular basis, previewing a restaurant menu or packing snacks for your travels. Effective plant-based eaters ensure they control their food circumstances, rather than letting circumstances control their diet.
If you’re thinking right now that eating greens at every meal is a lot to ask in terms of planning and preparation - then we have just the solution for you!
Just one tablespoon of IVL’s All Day Energy Greens mixed in water makes a delicious and refreshing beverage that exceeds the nutritional equivalent of five servings of vegetables and fruits, with far fewer calories and carbohydrates to boot.
All Day Energy Greens gives your body an instant energy boost because it is easy to digest and your body gets all the nutrients it needs for the day - so why not order IVL’s All Day Energy Greens today?