It’s the weekend! For you, it may be a joyous break from your weekday routines. Or it could mean too much unscheduled time, which tempts you to snack and slide off of your weight loss program.
Here are 9 tips to help you prevent the weekend slide:
- Call that friend or family member you’ve been thinking about. Instead of sitting down when you talk—stand up.
- Been curious about tai chi or yoga? See if your local community center offers classes.
- Sunday is a great day to practice meditation. Take five, 10, or 15 minutes to sit quietly and clear your mind. Focus on your breathing. Breath is slowly, hold your breath for a moment or two, then slowly breathe out. Don’t worry if it you have difficulty at first. That’s why they call it a practice!
- Go through that storage room or junk drawer and get it cleared out once and for all. If you are feeling adventurous, maybe tackle the basement!
- Join a local walk, run, or bike club.
- Most towns or cities have a library. When was the last time you visited yours?
- Take a media break this weekend…enjoy a book, friends and/or family, or a museum instead.
- Find a local farmer’s market or pick-it-yourself farm and fill your bag with fresh organic fruits and vegetables for the week.
- Visit your local food or soup kitchen. Sometimes giving back to others is the best gift we can give to ourselves.
Don’t let yourself slide off your weight loss program over the weekend. Try some of these tips, or the tips in the video and you’ll be amazed how easy it can be to stick to your goals.