Here is an easy recipe that makes an excellent healthy main-dish alternative. For a main dish, it’s pretty low calorie (430 calories per serving) and is a good source of vitamins A and C. It also offers 6 grams of fiber per serving!
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) firm tofu, drained, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp.oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 3 Tbsp.soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup each: sliced onions and carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen soy beans (edamame)
- 2-2/3 cups hot cooked brown rice
Toss tofu with flour in small bowl until evenly coated. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 8 min. or until lightly browned on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
Mix dressing and soy sauce until well blended. Add 2 Tbsp. of the dressing mixture, vegetables and soy beans to same skillet; cook and stir 10 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Add remaining dressing mixture and the tofu to vegetable mixture; mix lightly. Cook 2 min., stirring gently. Serve over the rice.