- 1/4 cup chopped preserved lemon rind, store-bought or homemade
- About 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch celery (about 1 1/2 lbs.), leaves trimmed and tough outer fibers removed with a vegetable peeler
- 2 fennel bulbs (about 1 1/2 lbs. total), stalks trimmed
- 1 cup dates (about 4 oz.)
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Stir together preserved lemon rind, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, and the oil in a small bowl. Season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice if needed.
- Slice celery stalks very thinly on the diagonal, using a mandoline or sharp knife. Cut fennel bulbs in half lengthwise; cut out and discard cores. Thinly slice crosswise. Pit dates and cut into slivers. Combine with celery, fennel, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Calories from fat: 53%
Saturated fat: 0.9g