The key to healthy aging is maintaining a healthy diet. Check out this guacamole recipe that has the added bonus of wheatgrass powder!
- 6 ripe avocados
- 1 package guacamole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons wheatgrass powder of your choice (this amount can vary depending on the brand)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Scoop out avocado with spoon into a mixing bowl.
- Mash avocado with fork until no large chunks remain.
- Add seasoning to avocado mixture and blend with a fork.
- Add lime juice and water and blend.
- Sprinkle wheatgrass powder over mixture and blend.
- Add 1/2 of cilantro to mixture and blend.
- Place guacamole in serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining cilantro on top.
- Serve with the chips or crackers of your choice. Remember to place the avocado pit into the prepared guacamole to prevent it from turning browning; then remove before serving.