The key to healthy aging is maintaining a healthy diet. Here’s a great way to dress up homemade lemonade that will keep you cool and refreshed (and popular with anyone you share it with) all spring and summer long.
- 6 organic lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup raw local honey (or more to taste)
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 2 oz. fresh dill
- 2 oz. fresh mint
- 3 - 5 sprigs rosemary
- Edible flowers to garnish
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add honey. When honey is dissolved, refrigerate until cool.
- Juice the lemons and remove the seeds.
- In a container, add the cool honey water, lemon juice and herbs (muddle the herbs to release their flavor)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Garnish with edible orchids. Enjoy!
For more healthy recipes, check out this Salmon Salad with Walnuts and Asparagus.