- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 1-3 teaspoons hot paprika, or to taste
- 2 14-ounce cans vegetable broth
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, squash, potatoes and beans; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and vinegar; continue cooking until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with fresh
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 253 calories; 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat, 5 g mono unsaturated fat); 0 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 10 g fiber; 485 mg sodium; 1032 mg potassium’ Vitamin A (270% daily value), Vitamin C (60% dv), Folate (44% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Calcium (20% dv), Iron (20% dv).