This muffin recipe is easy and fun, allowing you to experiment with aromatic spices along with that wonder-food, pumpkin! And each muffin is packed with nutrients like Vitamin A and Iron along with plenty of fiber.
- 1 cup grain (Hodgson Mill® Multi hot cereal)
- 1 cup white flour (unbleached)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cake spice or cinnamon)
- 1 tsp mahleb
- 1/2 cup sugar (unrefined, raw)
- 1 cup apple (shredded with skin)
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned)
- 1/2 cup rice milk (vanilla)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake paper cups.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in 1 bowl. Either sift together or toss gently with a whisk. Combine remaining ingredients well in another bowl. Carefully stir the 2 together.
- When well combined, distribute about 1/4 cup of the batter in each cupcake cup.
- Bake 10 minutes, rotate 180 degrees (makes a more even rise), bake another 10 minutes.
- Alternative add-ins: Carrot, raisin, banana, nuts, other dried fruit, zucchini.