- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon, skinless and boneless
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry Thyme or a little fresh chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ounce sliced prosciutto, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 head butter lettuce cut into thin ribbons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or walnut oil
Makes 4 servings.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Arrange walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Cool and set aside. Increase oven heat to 400 degrees. Place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm to the touch. Set aside. Wash asparagus and trim tough ends. Heat in boiling water for 3 minutes. Plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop cooking. Cool, drain, and pat dry. Select 8 spears for garnish and cut off tips into 3" lengths. Set aside. Slice remaining spears at a steep angle 3/8 inch thick.
In a small bowl, place asparagus slices, walnuts and prosciutto. Using a zester or fine grater, remove zest from lemon. Juice lemon. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, vinegar, oil, pepper and thyme. Place a small mound of lettuce on each of 4 plates. Divide fish evenly and place next to lettuce. Combine asparagus and lemon juice mixtures. Toss lightly and mound on top of fish. Garnish with reserved asparagus. Serve immediately.
Calories per serving: 375
Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Mono Fat 7g
Cholesterol 76mg 25%
Sodium 140mg 6%
Total Carbs 8g 3%
Dietary Fiber 4g 14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.