- 8 small potatoes (or 4-6 large potatoes)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, finely chopped (they sell frozen chopped broccoli in bricks at the store)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
Scrub the potatoes, and bake them at 375 for about 1 hour-90 minutes. Lower the oven temp to 350 when they're done.
Let the potatoes cool for about 10-15 minutes, until they are cool enough to handle.
Slice the potatoes in half and scoop the "meat" out. Put the meat aside to use for mish mash, home fries or another potato dish you'd like to make.
Fill the hollowed potatoes halves with broccoli and cheeses.
Put the filled potatoes back in the oven, preferably on some foil or a foiled baking sheet in case there's cheese run-off.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is browned. Salt and pepper to taste, and if you like, serve with some sour cream.
Variation tip: replace the broccoli with some black or pinto beans to make tex-mex potato skins!
What is your favorite way to eat Potato Skins?