Whole grains and raw nuts and seeds are a mainstay for great digestion. However, there’s only so many slices of bread, servings of rice, or handfuls of walnuts a person can consume.
Fortunately, you can get all the amazing benefits of whole grains with Grandma Ginny’s Granola. In addition to oatmeal and flaxseed, this recipe also boasts fiber-rich coconut and currants.
Grandma Ginny's Granola
- 4 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups soy flour
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 1 cup coconut, unsweetened
- 1 cup flaxseed, ground
- 2/3 cup currants
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine oats, flour, almonds, sunflower seed, coconut, flaxseed, and currants in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine oil, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture and blend well.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until browned. Stir mixture every 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on baking rack. Can be stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Other healthy recipes for you to try:
Natural Recipes: Anise Cookies with Pignoli